Under the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, two-wheeler riders must carry third-party liability insurance. It protects them against third-party liabilities deriving from an accident involving an insured motorbike. However, a third-party bike insurance policy does not cover damages to your vehicle.*
In case of an accident, if you have comprehensive bike insurance, you will be covered for damages to your vehicle. To obtain a successful resolution for a bike insurance claim, you must be familiar with the policy’s terms and conditions.*
Below are five concerns that must be carefully considered before filing a motor vehicle insurance claim.
Have You Obtained Valid Two-Wheeler Insurance?
The ideal insurance policy for yourself and your motorbike is a top priority. Bike insurance is a policy that specifies the specific types of coverage. Remember, if you claim bike insurance, you must be aware of the inclusions and exclusions to ensure a successful settlement.*
Additionally, you must be aware of the duration of the insurance policy. No motor insurance company will accept your claim if your bike insurance policy has lapsed during the accident. Therefore, it is recommended to promptly opt for the proper bike insurance renewal.*
Have You Obtained All the Required Documents?
The following query you must ask yourself is whether or not you possess all the required documents.
If you have met with an accident and wish to file a claim after you have recovered, ensure you have sufficient information for a successful claim settlement.
Following is a list of documents you must maintain:
- Complete and submit the claim form.
- A valid copy of your driver’s licence, registration certificate, and bike insurance policy
- In the event of theft, FIR copy
- Additionally, in the event of an accident, obtain any witnesses’ contact information and address and take photographs of the damaged vehicle at the scene to ensure a seamless claim settlement. Obtain a copy of your medical/hospital invoices if you can access medical care.
What are the Consequences of the Accident?
It is a crucial stage that must be addressed. You must document any damages to your insured vehicle or third-party vehicles you cause.
In both circumstances, you must document the damages to the vehicle alongside photographs. It would assist you greatly if you recorded the names and contact information of the witnesses.
All the evidence gathered by you will aid in resolving the claims without difficulty. Consequently, you must document the details of the damaged property.
Have You Immediately Notified the Insurance Provider?
- The first rule is always to notify the bike insurance provider as soon as feasible.
- In the unfortunate event of theft, immediately file a police report and inform your insurance company.
- In the event of an accident, once you have received appropriate medical care and are fit to return to work, you must promptly notify your insurance company.
To conclude, please note that this list is exhaustive. Compare plans and choose the one best suited for your needs.
|Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!|
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.